Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Late Post that had to be Reposted!

This is kind of annoying because I posted this entry to my blog a few days ago and for some reason it is no longer showing so I am reposting it. This is an entry I wrote back in March and never though was finished but looking at it now it seems complete.

I guess this blog-thing is going to be more difficult to keep up on than I had anticipated at first. I can only bring myself to write when I feel like it and not just because I have loads of material (and in the last couple weeks I have a lot).
I find that my morning ritual has become more and more standardized as of recently. Of course it begins with a groan and me cursing the sun for waking me up too early and then rolling back over and waking up another hour and a half later (and having an 8am class doesn't prevent me from doing this). Once I do decide I am almost ready to get up, I open one eye and check my Facebook on my phone that charges right next to me (it's my other half and sleeps on the right side of the bed... not the night stand), and then I shoot my cousin a menacing text if he hasn't already called, because he thinks it is his job to keep me on a normal sleep schedule and call at 7:30am, and wait for a few seconds before the screen lights up with his picture. My day has begun and it is easy to waste the morning switching between holding the phone at my ear and turning on speakerphone as I cook eggs and drink coffee, antagonizing one another as we would normally do if we were in the same room (I would settle for the same state at this point). Conversations are intermittently interrupted by the coos and giggles of almost 7 month-old Sam and stories about changing diapers or a new tooth or his eating habits. Normal conversation. You may not think so but it is extremely interesting and the best part of my mornings. Eventually Aaron (my cousin), bemoans the loss of the morning and we reluctantly give in to the call of our days and hang up. Bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment