Friday, May 13, 2011

You're an Egg.

Can I start this post by saying that I cannot stand Lady GaGa? Every time I get in my car and the radio comes on it's her. I will give her credit and say that her songs are not awful but just played to point that it makes me want to commit suicide. Also, in general, she is kind of just annoying. No one wakes up in the morning and says, "today I think I want to wear a bookshelf on my head because that is who I am." She is ridiculous and the biggest marketing scam ever conceived. I wish I could stuff her back in an egg and drop it in a pot of boiling water, dye it and then hide it in my backyard on Easter and forget about it. Over. Next.
In more relevant news, the stuff that pertains mostly to me, I finished my last semester of college! Praise Allah-Buddah-Shiva-who cares. Never I have I had such a feeling of elation and mobility. I could jump in the car and just leave. I won't but I feel like I could. I don't even really feel like I have to get a job at this point. When someone asks, "what do you do?" I can say, "I have a degree in accounting!" and be done with it. I think having a BS in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting gives me the right to do nothing. I think I have developed a slight issue with entitlement. Thank you college.
It is somewhat baffling that this phase of my life is over and I don't really know how to transition into the next part. This semester was lost somewhere in a bar, or left in the bottom of a pint glass, passing the time in class on Facebook chat with those sitting right next to me, scanning the room to assign celebrity likeatures and nicknames to classmates (or victims may be a more appropriate word). Rudolph (the puppet from those Christmas movies), Al Capone, Sister-wife and the most infamous Pompadour, were just a few of the favorites. I am unsure as to how this became our daily routine but it was what kept us sane, and trying to muffle the sound of our laughter during lectures was a greater accomplishment than getting an A on a test. Actually, assigning people alias' was my doing, but it was fun and sending people pictures of look-a-likes and trying to get them to laugh at the most inappropriate of times was my favorite pastime. Oh the things I learned in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment