Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Life, it's happening.

I am still adjusting to the idea of being done with college (with the exception of one class I will finish this summer), but I suppose it has still been less than a week. There are no homework assignments, group projects, classes, quizzes or tests to study for or get worked up about, however, they have been replaced by the almost insurmountable task of packing up my apartment. It is a feat that has unmasked my ability to find value in the most worthless of items and forces me to ask myself why a post-it note was not thrown in the trash three years ago. The worst has been finding old receipts from purchases made at the likes of JCrew and company. Finding one would have been fine, but when you find 4 or more it can be somewhat devastating. Those I promptly threw out. No need to tally them, the damage has been done.
I call my apartment a hole but it actually has not been a horrible place to live while in school. Unless having neighbors who's sexual exploits have been on display via their balcony, or overheard through a mutual bedroom wall. I mean really? One, the whole balcony incident occurred in the middle of winter when it was like 30 degrees out and then the other one.... it doesn't feel that good and you are not making an X-rated movie, and if you are that is gross and no one will watch it unless they have a fetish for ugly people. People are gross. I look forward to the day when the only thing I share with a neighbor is a 10-foot privacy wall.I don't want you to think that I am a hermit or grump; I really enjoy the company of other people, but usually not my neighbors. When I have to listen to screaming that could be mistaken for a cat being skinned alive or you constantly slamming your front door, speaking in Spanish and then me being startled by my dog suddenly barking at the window... yeah I kind of hate you.
In other news, today I gave my dog, Kobi, a haircut. If you don't like it keep it to yourself; chances are I don't like yours either. 


No comments:

Post a Comment